/r/ArtefactPorn is a community dedicated to posting the very best objects, from the very large to the very small, made or shaped by the mankind throughout history. These artefacts range from tools and works of arts to archaeological finds, and give us a better sense of life in various moments throughout history.#### Description
Artifact - something made or given shape by man, such as a tool or a work of art, especially an object of archaeological interest.
A History Network Member
For images of the heritage, art, relics and other remains of mankind.
- Include the name of the Artifact in the title.
- Include the resolution in [brackets] in the title.
- If an image contains human remains, please add the "Human Remains" flair and mark it as NSFW so the thumbnail does not show up
- Only submit static images.
- Videos, collections, interactive images/websites, and articles are not allowed.
- Do not submit a shortened link using a URL shortener like tinyurl.
- Make sure your image is hosted by an approved host.
- Original source is allowed and preferred over the approved hosts. If your submission is not on the list of approved hosts, but it is an original source, please use the tag [OS] so your submission is not removed in error. If your image is rehosted from another approved host it will be removed.
- If you took the photo yourself, you can signify this by using the tag [OC] (original content) and after 24 hours you will be given special flair. If you don't receive flair after a few days feel free to message the mods.
- Regarding reposts: it is not a repost unless it was posted to /r/ArtefactPorn less than three months ago, or if it's already in the top100 of all time.
- If you have any questions check out the FAQ.
As for comments - Keep the discussion on-topic. Comments that do not directly add to the discussion will be removed. And above all, follow reddiquette. Personal attacks, abusive language, trolling or bigotry in any form is not allowed and will be removed.
Great subreddits to check out:
If you are interested in exchanging subreddit sidebox links, message the moderators.