Don't just waste your time, learn something.
- Have a fact in your title
- A) Your title must be animal specific, and not about an animal's use in culture, media, or business.
- B) No trivial, obvious, or common facts (eg: This cat has blue eyes, dogs can be trained to sit, this group of animals is called _____)
- C) Please avoid commentary in the title. (TIL, emojis, etc.)
- Include a source for your title in the comments.
- A) Your source cannot be a personal blog or non scientific news site, and must include citations/references. Wikipedia is not exempt from requiring citations, and typically displays a warning when missing references. Example
- B) Sources must be verifiable links moderators can check.
- We reserve the right to remove posts using profanity or that are otherwise objectionable.
- Reposts of the same picture or fact within 1 week are not allowed. After one week, submissions with either the title or picture changed will be allowed. Blatant reposts (same picture, same fact) are not allowed.
- No NSFW/NSFL
- No veterinary advice posts, please.
- No self promotion. This includes illustrations and comics. High quality reproductions of extinct organisms may be acceptable.
- Be nice, and follow reddiquette
Please report all inappropriate images or comments (including harassment and name-calling)
Remind those who have forgotten to put a source in the comments
If you have questions/concerns, message the moderators!
##Check Out Our Friends!
| Name | Description| |:-|:-| | /r/AnimalPorn (SFW) | A place to view artistic pictures of animals | /r/AnimalTextGifs | Gifs of animals with text over them. | /r/BatFacts| Your daily bat facts! | /r/bearswaving | Bears. Waving! | /r/biology | The study of all living things | /r/BirdFacts | Facts about our feathered friends | /r/Creatures_of_earth | A place to share interesting facts on the bizarre beings inhabiting our planet. | /r/curiousvideos | Stimulating videos from a variety of subjects | /r/delightfullyannoyed | Because annoying your pet is the responsible thing to do | /r/dogpictures | Pictures of dogs! | /r/BunniesStandingUp | Bunny. | /r/education | A place to discuss the news and politics of education. | /r/EducativeVideos | Educational and fascinating vids | /r/Ewwducational | Our sister sub! For submissions that make you go eww. | /r/eyebleach | For reddit's bleachable moments | /r/foxes | Foxes being foxy! | /r/green | Green issues, including (but not limited to) Green Politics. | /r/HeresAFunFact | Fun facts on a variety of subjects | /r/inspirationscience| Interesting science videos, pictures, articles, and more. | /r/kellawwggs | More adorable critters with delicious breakfast products. | /r/koalas | Australia's finest. | /r/likeus | Gathering evidence that animals are conscious like us. | /r/lynxes | A community for all things lynx related! | /r/MarineBiologyGifs | Aquatic environment gifs! | /r/nature | Nature is beautiful. Nature wants to kill us. Nature is a major bitch | /r/naturegifs | Beautfiul gifs of nature. | /r/palatecleanser | When you need all your senses cleansed | /r/pimpcats |Cats with swag. | /r/polarbears |The majestic creature of the far north | /r/redpandas |All things red panda! | /r/ScienceFacts | /u/FillsYourNiche 's Science Dojo |/r/sharks |A place for selachimorphaphiles | /r/sloths | For all your slow, slothy, needs. | /r/tapirs | The underrated and endangered. | /r/TellMeAFact | Learn interesting facts about a variety of topics! | /r/turtlefacts | Facts about turtles! | /r/weirdanimals | For the oddball animals. | /r/wolves | Awwoooooooo...
Want a list of every animal subreddit? Click Here!