Japan Trips & Travel Tips
Got questions? Need advice? Overwhelmed with your itinerary? Want to share your travel tips and experiences in Japan? Then this is the place for you! /r/JapanTravel is for any and all looking to visit Japan as a tourist — including those who have already been.#### Description
Welcome to /r/JapanTravel!
This subreddit is for any and all looking to visit Japan as a tourist — including those who have already been.
READ OUR FAQ BEFORE YOU POST.
- This subreddit is intended for those traveling as a tourist within Japan. General posts about travel, airlines, accommodations, or other destinations should be posted in r/travel or r/flights. Posts about living in Japan, whether temporarily or permanently belong, in either r/movingtojapan, r/teachinginjapan, or r/japanlife. Translation requests should be posted in r/translator. Posts that belong in other subreddits will be removed or redirected.
- Do your homework before you post. Read the FAQ (linked above), check out the General Advice page, search the subreddit, and do a cursory Google search before you submit a question. Easily researched or commonly repeated questions will be removed. (This also includes questions about purchasing or using a JR Pass, as the FAQ contains an extensive page on this topic.) If you've done your homework but still don't have an answer to your questions, create a descriptive post that includes the research you've done.
- No low effort posts. Be specific in the questions you're asking. Include information such as: Where you're starting and your dates of travel; budget; general interests or things you like to do. This information can have a significant impact on the suggestions the community provides to you. Posts that contain minimal information ("Where should I go?"), excessively broad questions ("Tips for Tokyo?" or "Is Osaka worth it?"), or other low effort / karma-gleaning posts ("I miss Japan!") will be removed.
- Itinerary posts must be clearly identified in their titles, and must include more information than dates and location. We are not your travel agents, and it is not the job of the sub to fill the gaps in your itinerary for you. Itinerary posts must have sufficient supporting information and specific questions so that the community can help. Any itinerary post that does not meet these requirements will be removed.
- No self promotion. This includes advertising business services you are directly connected to. If you want to submit your own content, its primary goal should be to drive or jumpstart discussion on r/JapanTravel. (A example of this are trip reports that include links to photo albums hosted on a third party site.) If the intent of your post is to drive traffic to your blog, vlog, Instagram, portfolio, business etc., your post will be removed and you might be banned.
- Meet-up requests for tourists or transient travelers are only allowed in official Mega Meet-Up thread stickied at the top of the sub. A new thread is automatically created each month, so please keep meet-up related posts limited to the thread that corresponds to the month you'll be visiting Japan.
- No solicitation posts. This includes: souvenir/merchandise purchase requests; accommodation/restaurant booking requests; survey or crowdsourcing requests; event ticket purchasing requests; or location photo/video requests. The only exception to this rule is that we allow ticket resale in the monthly meet-up thread only. Posts that violate this rule will be removed.
- No "meta" posts about this sub. (ie: "Why do people post the same itineraries all the time?") No PMs to individual mods about removed comments or posts. Problems or questions should be directed to moderators via the mod mail interface.
- Be civil. Harassment of other users or mods, trolling, posting of users' personal information, repeated intentional rule breaking, hijacking another user's thread to complain about concerns with the sub or Mods, or other general unsavory behavior will be met with bans. We take this rule very seriously, and will enact it as necessary to keep up the quality of information in this sub.
- Trip reports and other informative posts are welcome on this subreddit. If you are going to share your experience by writing a trip report, review, guide, or set of tips, please make sure you do so in an organized and detailed fashion. If you want to share external content, such as news reports, these posts should be made as text posts only with any photos or relevant external content linked within the post.
- This sub is PG-13 and as such we do NOT allow posts asking about information related to sexual services, illegal drugs, underage drinking, and the like. We also do not allow posts asking how to break or skirt the laws in Japan, including immigration and importation laws. Posts containing those requests or information WILL be removed at a moderator's discretion.
Search Posts by Category
Flairs are added automatically by the first matching keyword in your post. If the flair does not match your topic you can change it by clicking the flair button under the title.