World Travel Backpacking
A subreddit for traveling backpacking and wilderness backpacking, not restricted to one or the other. All posts must be flaired "Travel" or "Wilderness"#### Description A reddit for Backpackers who are traveling around the world. Here you will find anything and everything on the topic, from transport, accommodation, food, health, and gear.
Link flair is now required. Add these to any new posts. There are two categories:
All posts must be flaired "Wilderness" or "Travel"
Submissions must include a short paragraph describing your trip. Submitted content should be of high-quality. Low effort posting of very general information is not useful. Posts must include a trip report of at least 150 characters or a short paragraph with trip details.
This is a community of users, not a platform for advertisement, self promotion, surveys, or blogspam. Acceptable Self-Promotion means at least participating in non-commercial/non-self promotional ways more often than not.
All photos and videos must be Original Content
Be courteous and civil. Polite, constructive criticism of ideas is acceptable. Unconstructive criticism of individuals and usage of strong profanity is unacceptable.
If you have any questions, or are unsure whether something is ok to post, feel free to contact the moderators.
- /r/Shoestring ← Travelers on shoestring budgets
#Outdoors Related Subreddits:
- /r/Camping ← More about camping and less about long hikes and higher-performance equipment
- /r/Climbing ← Rock and Gym Climbing
- /r/Slackline ← Core and Balance training, balancing on webbing.
- /r/Kayaking ← Kayaking and Canoeing
- /r/Caving ← Caving
- /r/Outdoors ← General "outdoors"
#Gear and Food:
- /r/MYOG ← Make Your Own Gear
- /r/CampingGear ← Camping Equipment
- /r/GearTrade ← Trade for Gear
- /r/GoPro ← Small video cameras used by many outdoor athletes to record videos.