The subreddit for discussion related to college and collegiate life.#### Description
#####Please see our updated rules before posting here.
/r/college is a place for discussion related to college and collegiate life.
To maintain the quality of the discourse, we remove some types of content and ban users for certain violations of community norms. Help the mods improve this subreddit/enforce these rules by reporting posts that are irrelevant, pointless, or of poor quality.
Behavior that will result in a user ban:
- Posting spam - including but not limited to blog posts, links to low quality or crowdsourced websites, copypasta, etc.
- Seeking personal gain – including but not limited to referrals, contests/giveaways, requests for votes/money, any attempt to sell or advertise your product/service/website, etc.
- Engaging in threats or harassment
- Advocating for dangerous or illegal activities – including but not limited to cheating, copyright violation, fraud, etc.
- Spreading misinformation
Other content that will typically be removed:
- Anything that does not positively contribute to meaningful discussion, including but not limited to surveys, memes, reaction gifs, videos, posts that are primarily venting/despondence, posts with titles that are non-specific/alarmist/unprofessional/deceptive/all caps/etc. If you need to vent, we encourage you to visit r/CollegeRant.
- Anything better answered by talking to your professor/adviser, reading the paperwork/syllabus, or doing your own research on the internet. This typically includes anything related to a specific textbook, professor, program, or university.
- Admissions related content - visit r/ApplyingToCollege instead.
Mods retain the right to remove content for any reason if deemed necessary
Citation, research, and writing help
200 Free Textbooks
How to make friends
Textbooks: How to find the best LEGAL price
Other Related Subreddits
** List of all college specific subreddits **