Computer Science: Theory and Application
Computer Science Theory and Application. We share and discuss any content that computer scientists find interesting. People from all walks of life welcome, including hackers, hobbyists, professionals, and academics.#### Description
Welcome Computer Science researchers, students, professionals, and enthusiasts!
We share and discuss content that computer scientists find interesting.
Self-posts and Q&A threads are welcome, but we prefer high quality posts focused directly on graduate level CS material. We discourage most posts about introductory material, how to study CS, or about careers. For those topics, please consider one of the subreddits in the sidebar instead.
Want to study CS or learn programming?
Read the original free Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (or see the Online conversion of SICP )
Other topics are likely better suited for:
- /r/cscareerquestions: Job, internships, etc..
- /r/learnprogramming: Resources for learning how to code.
- /r/compscivideos: A collection of video content on academic and educational computer science topics.
- /r/math: Despite popular misconceptions, Computer Science is mostly about math.
- /r/programming: ...but we also occasionally implement things.
- /r/algorithms: Another computer science subreddit (our hated nemesis, we will fight to the death)
- /r/dip: Image processing
- /r/tinycode: Cool algorithms, tiny implementations.
Other online communities:
If you are new to Computer Science please read our FAQ before posting. A list of book recommendations from our community for various topics can be found here.