News, resources and perspectives pertaining to individuals with disabilities.#### Description
News, resources and perspectives pertaining to individuals with disabilities.
Feel free to edit your flair to reflect whatever disability you identify as having. This doesn't have to be a medical diagnosis either. You can identify as "Deaf," "wheelchair-user" or just plain "crip," as some folks do. And, if you don't have a disability, no worries! Just mark it up however you like.
^(Need help now?) ^Text ^^to ^
START^for ^the ^(Crisis Text Line.)
Search posts by Flair
- Always follow reddit rules & redditquette
- We enforce a standard of common decency and civility here. All users are expected to be respectful to other users at all times. Personal attacks, bigotry, fighting words, otherwise inappropriate behavior or content, comments that insult or demean a specific user or group of users will be removed. Regular or egregious violations will result in bans.
- By consensus the /r/disability community has decided to disallow individual fundraising appeals. See /r/Assistance, /r/Care or other subreddits that can help.
- Message the mods before posting a survey. Any unapproved survey will be removed. Surveys are also required to be in a self-post which must include information about the survey, the surveyor, the data being collected, and how the data will used.
- When linking to other places on Reddit do it as follows; Links should be of the form "np.reddit.com" or "np.redd.it". If you don't the Automod will remind you by removing your post or comment.
Mods reserve the right to remove content or restrict users' posting privileges as necessary if it is deemed detrimental to the subreddit or to the experience of others.
Casual Coonversation's Mega List | National Council on Independent Living (US) | Independent Living (UK) | Disability Resource Centre (UK) | Independent Living Canada | Service Canada | Independent Living Centres (AU) | Disability Information and Resource Centre (AU) | Family Village (International) | Success for College Students with Disabilities (US) | Centers for Independent Living (US)
##Related Subs | Message the mods| to have a sub added | :-:|:-: | /r/spinalcordinjuries | /r/amputee | | /r/depression | /r/autism | | /r/BipolarReddit | /r/anxiety | | /r/schizoaffective | /r/dwarfism | | /r/Stutter | /r/spinalmuscularatrophy | | /r/chronicpain | /r/thritis | | /r/deafblind | /r/Blind | | /r/Keratoconus | /r/Epilepsy | | /r/downsyndrome | /r/cerebralpalsy | | /r/Dyslexia | /r/MultipleSclerosis | | /r/MEAction | /r/Interstitialcystitis | | | | /r/AccessibleNaut | /r/access | | /r/Disabledsex | /r/DisabilityStudies | | /r/BodyAcceptance | /r/rehabtherapy | | /r/service_dogs | /r/wheelchairs | | /r/neurodiversity | /r/disabledgamers | | /r/chrisability | /r/dysautonomia | /r/ehlersdanlos | /r/SBSK | /r/DWPhelp (UK) | r/DisabilityFitness | /r/audiodescription|
#Important Posts | Non-US Disability Post
Any questions? Message the Mods!
Theme based on Mindashq 1.8
The most common phrases the members use: