This sub is dedicated to discussion and questions about embedded systems: "a controller programmed and controlled by a real-time operating system (RTOS) with a dedicated function within a larger mechanical or electrical system, often with real-time computing constraints."#### Description
Welcome to embeddit!
This sub is dedicated to discussion and questions about embedded systems: "a controller programmed and controlled by a real-time operating system (RTOS) with a dedicated function within a larger mechanical or electrical system, often with real-time computing constraints."
The FAQ is in the wiki.
On topic subjects
- Hardware design that includes a micro
- Low level software (e.g., C, assembly)
- Homework help; but make it clear it's homework
- Embedded internship, employment and education questions, in the weekly thread
Off topic subjects
- Hardware design that does not include a micro; for electronic circuits: /r/AskElectronics
- Single Board computers: r/Raspberry_pi, r/Arduino, r/linux_devices, r/linuxboards
- PCs and laptops
- PLCs: r/PLC
- Job announcements (oustide the monthly job thread)
- Be civil: do not insult; no all-caps, no excessive "!" and "?", please.
- Submissions must be on topic
- If asking a question, ask the actual question, fully yet concisely, right in the title
- No spam; no commercial posts (job offers and requests go to the weekly thread), no self-promotion (*)
- No memes (pictures with superimposed text), shit posts
(*) At mods' discretion, certain self-promotion submissions from people who contribute to this sub in other ways may be allowed and tagged with the "Self-promo" flair
After posting a submission, please select a flair:
- General: not a question, yet on topic
- Tech question
- General question: any question that is not technical
After your question is answered, please change the flair to "Resolved".