A subreddit for the discussion of nutrition science. Macronutrients, micronutrients, vitamins, diets, and nutrition news are among the many topics discussed.
Civil discourse is required.#### Description Submit a Research Discussion post
We're pleased to share Leanne Brown's FREE cookbook featuring low-cost, healthy recipes using ingredients you probably already have.
Look for the new subreddit feature posts:
/r/Nutrition is a place to discuss all aspects of nutrition science, food, and diet.
Before posting, please read the subreddit rules, check the FAQ, and search for other posts on the topic.
Please include proper, relevant, and useful information when asking or answering questions.
Please report spam and rule violations (just downvoting is not enough) and vote!
You may select your user flair to indicate your level of expertise/education pertaining to nutrition. Do not select a user flair you are not qualified for. For example, only full time students taking courses in the student categories provided may select those. Taking a non-college/university based course does not qualify you for student status, nor does watching several topical YouTube videos. Anyone who is not able to verify their user flair status when asked to do so, may be banned.
(This is the short version. See the rules post at the top of the sub for details)
1) Follow Reddiquette - Disagreement is fine, being uncivil is not.
2) No dietary activism for or against any diet - Diet wars and crusading are NOT welcome in this subreddit. DO NOT engage disrespectfully towards other diets/beliefs.
3) No all science rejection or 'all science is a conspiracy' claims - Conspiracy, bias, and funding complaints need to provide sources addressing the specifics of a situation being discussed
4) No requesting or providing advice related to medical concerns - including a disease, condition, pain, diagnosis, procedure, treatment, test, recovery, consultation, or lab value. Medical concern related questions should be directed to a physician, dietitian, or other qualified and licensed health care provider
5) No personalized nutrition inquiry posts. Instead ask in the comments section of the /r/Nutrition weekly Personal Nutrition Discussion sticky post - If your post contains ANY personal context it will be removed, no exceptions.
6) No blogspam and/or self-promotion - Avoid driving traffic to, linking, or discussing things you are affiliated with including your sites, videos, media channels, books, articles, market or development research, surveys, your creation, etc. even if it is free. IRB approved surveys may be approved if a request is sent to the moderators.
7) All links must be direct links - The site filters link shorteners. Use a direct URL instead. Use of link tracking will result in a ban.
8) New and negative karma accounts are restricted - New accounts may not post in this sub but can participate in comments. Negative karma accounts may not post or comment.
%DV* | | :--|:-- 100% | Health 100% | FixMyDiet 100% | Healthy Food 100% | Public Health 100% | Dietetics 100% | Loseit 100% | Vegan & Vegetarianism 100% | Paleo 100% | Keto 100% | Gluten-Free 100% | Supplements 100% | Women's Health 100% | Men's Health