Let's Talk About:
Options Fundamentals --
The Greeks --
Current Plays and Ideas --
New Traders: See the Options Questions Safe Haven thread#### Description
Let's Talk About:
Current Plays and Ideas
New Traders: See the Options Questions Safe Haven thread
Guide and rules for posting
The guidelines are intended to promote useful & thoughtful conversation. Following them avoids automated filtering or moderator intervention or removal of posts or comments.
- Civility and respectful conversation.
- No off-topic or low-options-content posts. Low-effort posts are subject to removal. This includes wall-of-text-posts and posts consisting of mostly links with no narrative, and repetitious comments.
- Give sufficient details about your option strategy and trade to discuss it. This is a courtesy to readers.
- Title your post informatively with particulars. This courtesy to readers enables the archived post to be found again later. Disclose the TICKER and position. Posts titled "Help", "First Trade" "What should I do?", "What am I missing" or "Advice" are removed.
- Don't ask for trades. Low effort posts amounting to "Ticker?" are taken down. Think for yourself. Put forward an analysis, general strategy, trade rationale and option position details & exit plan for critique and discussion.
- New traders: Use the Options Questions Safe Haven weekly thread for basic questions, and read the educational links there.
- Don't post FAQs (Frequently Answered Questions) as new threads: New threads that ask the same type of question repeatedly push new topics off of the front page. We have a wiki with a FAQ section that you can check first, and we have a weekly Q&A thread where frequently asked questions are welcome.
- Not a trading journal. If describing success, failure, or posting account balances, completed trades, active or hypothetical positions: state your market and stock analysis, strategy, and option trade rationale, and trade details so others can understand, discuss, critique, and learn.
- Link-posts are filtered (images, screenshots, videos, web links) and require mod approval. Text-posts with narrative and detailed description of the linked item is expected. No Memes. URL shorteners are not allowed.
- No profanity in post titles.
- No promotions, referrals, or solicitations of any kind. No chat room links. No trading room / chat / Discord / or offerings or requests for contact via DM/PM. No self-promotion of channels or apps. No repeated posts. On-topic links are acceptable.
- Minimum account age & posting karma required: IDs older than 5 days, no very low or negative posting/comment karma.
- Moderators may, at their discretion, allow posts and comments to remain visible. The rules are advisory to the moderators and subject to reasonable judgment.
Report posts or comments not meeting community standards with the "report" link.
Complete Guide & Rules for posting
Option trade details needed when posting
Moderator Mail messages Moderators
• Options Questions Safe Haven
• Toolbox & Links (wiki)
• FAQs (wiki)
• Book Recommendations
• Call Options 101
• Put Options 101
• Implied Volatility
• Long Calls
• The Options Playbook
• [Strategy Overview]
• TastyTrade Helpful Page
• CBOE Options Institute
• [CBOE Webcasts]
• CBOE Index Settlement Values
• Streaming Futures Quotes
• VIX and /VX
• VIX Futures for Contract Pricing
• Economic Calendar
• An incomplete list of international brokers trading USA (and European) options
Users tagged with 'Options Pro' flair have demonstrated considerable knowledge on option trading. Some have professional experience, but the tag does not specifically mean they are professional traders.