Saved You a Click: Helping Rid the Internet of Clickbait
Don't click on that, we already did.
Fighting news media clickbait for better journalism.#### Description
Welcome to /r/SavedYouAClick!
A subreddit dedicated to making media more straightforward by spoiling clickbait.
- No Reposts
- within three months, or included in the subreddit's top-100.
- Correctly Format your Post Titles
Links and videos:
* *Article Title | Answer [X clicks saved (optional)]*
(The "|" symbol can be found on the far right of your keyboard, above the return key. On ISO/UK boards, it's on the left of your keyboard above the OS key)
* *Article Title | List in post, [X clicks saved (optional)]*
You must add a top-level comment with the list and include the archived link.
- Relevant Post Content
- We save clicks.
- Must be clickbait.
- Meta-posts belong at /r/syac_meta
- Accurate and Concise Titles
- Accurate: Archived headline must match your post title, verbatim. The object/answer of the clickbait is adequately and accurately summarized. If the article is fictitious, the spoiler must indicate that.
- Concise: Do not include your own commentary.
- NOTE: Occasionally you may see clickbait links which do not match the true article headline. If you desire to use that alternate clickbait as your title (which will not match your linked headline), or if your link does not include a title, you must post a screenshot of that clickbait headline. Failure to include a screenshot of the accurate headline will result in your post being removed.
- Archive Your Posts
- Unarchived posts are prohibited.
- Recommended archiving sources: archive.is or archive.org/web/
- Recommended archiving source for slideshows: Slideshow-Deslidefier
- Recommended archiving source for videos: Streamable, because the previously mentioned archiving websites do not allow video playback. In addition, please see Rule 4 for rules regarding the display of the accurate clickbait title as you may need to screenshot the original clickbait title.
- Be Civil
- ...Or be banned. Keep discussions appropriate; this is a respectful forum to discuss the ridiculousness of clickbait and the media.
- No Spam
Need to save more clicks?
Saved You a Click Reddit
Please message us with any other resource we don't have listed!
Have a great idea for the subreddit?
Please share it at /r/syac_meta!
Like funny, bizarre, or just plain outrageous quotes from the media?
Sprichst du Deutsch?
CSS design put together by /u/nerd-is-the-word
Header and Logo by /u/nerd-is-the-word and /u/8bitslime
More information of our Stylesheet here
Why is there a "procss" stamp on the Saved You A Click banner?
/r/savedyouaclick is procss.
This subreddit shares the name of popular twitter user: @SavedYouAClick. If you want to use the SavedYouAClick branding please make it clear you are not him.
Thanks for helping us stop clickbait!